JMC Office of Continuing Medical Education
The Department of Anesthesiology is a large and varied academic department dedicated to carrying out the mission of Thomas Jefferson University, Jefferson University Hospital, and the Jefferson Health Care Network. The Department sponsors a fully accredited residency training program, fellowship programs, as well as educational programs for medical students. Two nationally recognized CME programs are offered each year as well.
- Assess and differentiate the risks and benefits of different airway management techniques in emergency situations.
- Integrate a focused study of medical history and airway physical examination into patient care.
- Apply new up-to-date techniques in the placement of peripheral, single injection and continuous blocks including the use of ultrasound.
- Identify how to avoid malpractice lawsuits and properly prepare litigation.
- Apply the Joint Commission USP 797 standards relating to drug and infusion preparation in regional anesthesia.
- Develop treatment strategies that employ multimodal pain management and integrate emerging analgesia techniques.
- Develop anesthetic strategies for ambulatory pediatric surgery.
- Develop systems to improve practice and reduce malpractice exposure.
- Demonstrate how to obtain and document proper informed consent.
- Develop anesthetic strategies for neonatal emergencies.
- Implement rationale, evidence-based strategies for the management of postoperative and chronic pain utilizing appropriate pharmacologic agents.
- Apply novel and emerging concepts of multimodal analgesia to the ambulatory setting.
- Evaluate the role of neuromuscular blockage with the difficult airway.
- Describe emerging techniques for antagonism of neuromuscular blockage.
- Integrate airway considerations of the otolaryngologist.
- Evaluate the utility of social media and anesthesia practice.
- Assess their individual practices in light of the information and discussions during the conference, and identify specific strategies to implement as part of a continuing improvement process for their practices.
Online registration is now closed. Individuals interested in attending can register on-site for this conference.
19th Annual Jefferson Anesthesia Conference
February 22 - 28, 2014
8490 Gibbon Building|
111 South 11th St.
Philadelphia, PA 19107
Zvi Grunwald, MD
Anesthesia Clinical Department Homepage