Jefferson InterProfessional Education Center (JCIPE)
What is the Award for Excellence in Interprofessional Education?
This award honors one faculty member from the Jefferson Medical College and one faculty member from Jefferson Schools of Health Professions, Nursing, Pharmacy, or Population Health, who demonstrate excellence in interprofessional education, and whose efforts have resulted in sustained impact on interprofessional collaboration to improve the education of Jefferson students.
Criteria for Excellence in IPE award:
- Innovation in course content and teaching methods
- Ability to motivate students
- Responsiveness to students' intellectual and personal needs
- Ability to motivate and/or mentor faculty in IPE
- Ability to initiate/facilitate change and innovation in interprofessional education
- A letter of nomination from a Dean, Chair or other faculty member is required; the letter should address the above criteria and the nominee's contributions towards interprofessional education and collaboration.
- The nominees should submit a curriculum vitae (CV) highlighting their contributions to interprofessional education.
- Nominations will be reviewed and award decisions made by a representative Selection Committee.
What is the deadline date for nomination packet?
Nomination materials must be received by Monday, January 14, 2013.
When will the award be presented?
The award will be presented at the annual Jefferson Medical College Class Day and at the Jefferson Schools of Health Professions, Nursing, Pharmacy and Population Health Annual Awards Ceremony. The recipient receives an engraved plaque and a $500.00* award.
How to submit the letter of nomination:
Mail: JCIPE, 1015 Walnut Street, Suite 411, Philadelphia, PA 19107
Email: Email the Letter of Nomination (pdf format) to Catherine Mills (email@example.com)
*gross amount, prior to tax withholding