Access to Library Services & Resources
Volunteers at TJUH
Includes/Membership Terms: All volunteers who serve TJUH via the Patient Services department.
Access to Scott Memorial Library: Access during regularly scheduled hours. Present your valid Jefferson photo ID to the Security Officer at the first floor entrance.
Register for Library Services: Register for Library services at the 2nd floor Service Desk Window by presenting your temporary Jefferson photo ID to receive a one-day computer Guest Pass.
If you leave the building during the day, you must show your Jefferson temporary ID to the Security Officer to reenter.
- Use of the Library’s public computers and study space: Permitted with complimentary one-day Guest Pass available by presenting Jefferson photo ID card at the 2nd floor Service Desk. All computers include access to the Internet and MS Office Software.
- Access to the Library group and individual study rooms: Not permitted.
- Access to the Library and Jeff Alumni Hall Computer Labs and Classrooms: Not permitted.
- Use of licensed content (databases, electronic books, electronic journals, teaching materials): Access to IP-based electronic resources is available on the Library’s public computers. Off-campus access is not available unless the user has a Jefferson Campus Key.
- Borrowing privileges for Library print materials: Not permitted.
- Inter-Library Loan service (ILL) for articles and books NOT OWNED by Scott Memorial Library: Not permitted.
- Document Delivery Scanning Service: Not permitted.
- Reserve materials and biomedical models: Available for use in the Library by presenting valid Jefferson photo ID at 2nd floor Service Desk.
Center for Teaching and Learning Services:
- Photocopy and laser printing: Ten cents ($0.10) per standard black & white page; twenty-five cents ($0.25 for color prints). See the printing and copying policies for details.
- Databases searches by an Information Services Librarian: Not permitted.
- The CTL conducts training sessions on the use of Library databases and research support technologies. These are subject to availability and no show fees may apply. See topics and details.
- The CTL also provides slides, photography, artwork and other biomedical communication support services. See price list for fees.
- Present your valid Jefferson ID whenever requesting Library services.
- Report lost or stolen ID to Jefferson Security and the Photo ID Center immediately. You are responsible for all materials charged to your Jefferson ID prior to reporting a loss. The Center will charge a $15. fee to replace a lost ID.
- Follow all Library and University policies. Failure to comply with policies may result in loss of Library privileges and removal from the Library.
- Food may not be consumed in the Library. Beverages are permitted in closed containers.
- Computer use must comply with the University’s Electronic Communication Policy.
For any questions regarding membership services or privileges, please contact:
Roderick MacNeil, Deputy University Librarian
Scott Memorial Library
Thomas Jefferson University
1020 Walnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107