On January 7, 2013, renovations will begin on the second floor of Scott Library. The construction of 10 small-group collaboration suites along the east and west sides, is expected to take 7-8 weeks and we will keep as much of the second floor open as possible during this time.
The new rooms, for groups of 4-6, are designed to support group study and collaboration. Each will be fully equipped with a computer, a large flat screen monitor, and a writing surface. Students will also be able to connect their laptops to the large screen.
During the initial phase of the project, the following moving and construction activities will occur:
- Study carrells along east and south walls will be removed.
- Study tables along the west wall will be relocated to others areas of the floor.
- Remaining shelving will be relocated.
- Electrical outlets will be added in various areas of the floor.
- Some computers and printers will be relocated.
- Construction barrier walls will be built.
- Carpet and ceiling tiles will be removed from construction area.
Construction updates will be posted in Scott Library as the project progresses.