Gold Humanism Honor Society
Recognition of Humanism Committee
Our Mission: "The Recognition of Humanism Committee strives to celebrate those who embody the following core values of humanism in medicine – integrity, clinical excellence, compassion, altruism, respect, empathy, and service. We hope to encourage compassionate, patient-centered care by recognizing those who go above and beyond the requirements of their job description to significantly impact others. "
- Honor members of the medical community who exemplify the core values of humanism.
- Share these incredible people and their acts of humanism with the medical community.
- Inspire members of the medical community to embrace humanism and to find ways of enriching their relationships with their patients and coworkers.
- Acknowledge small acts of humanism that make a difference in the lives of others.
- Develop new ways of recognizing humanism in the medical community.
The Gold Card
Through the presentation of the Gold Card, we provide a concrete way to recognize those who most embody humanism and compassion in the Jefferson community. Nominated by their colleagues and peers, Gold Card recipients serve as leaders in the community, who, through their actions, improve the quality of patient care and challenge other professionals to practice medicine with as much their hearts as their minds.
View the letter that accompanies the award.
Submit a nomination online.
Committee Members, 2011-2012 Academic Year