First Aid for Third Year Clerkships at JMC
OB/GYN Clerkship at Einstein
How did you get there? What is the IDEAL way to get there (if different)? If you took public transportation how much did it cost?
- Subway - earliest train got us there by 5:45, express train ride takes ~15 min from Broad and Walnut stop.
- Driving - free parking but longer transit time than on subway.
If you lived away from campus, how was the housing?
Food: Was it paid for? Were there free lunches? Did you get meal vouchers when you were on-call?
How were the weeks divided up?
Are you able to request what you want?
- 5/6 weeks were inpatient.
- 1 week in outpatient, 5 weeks in inpatient.
What were your hours (roughly)?
Did you get off on major holidays, or were you expected to be there (i.e. Labor Day, Thanksgiving & Friday after Thanksgiving)? Weekends?
What was the call schedule?
- 5:45 a.m. - 6:30/7 p.m., no call but 1 week of nights (Sun-Thurs 6:30 p.m. - 8:30 a.m.).
How was the teaching by attendings?
- No call, but have one week of night float which is randomly scheduled.
- Interns and residents were very willing to answer my questions.
- Attendings were great but we didn't get to spend enough time with them.
HOW TO BE A ROCK STAR
- Blueprints & uWise. I think doing more questions and less reading is best.
- Lots of questions on rounds about which antibiotics are safe and common infections in pregnant women.
CANDID COMMENTS FROM STUDENTS
Pros:Lockers and scrubs provided.
Cons:Long hours, not much time for studying during the week.
Last revised: 01/12