First Aid for Third Year Clerkships at JMC
Neurology at Christiana
How did you get there? What is the IDEAL way to get there (if different)? If you took public transportation how much did it cost?
If you lived away from campus, how was the housing?
Food: Was it paid for? Were there free lunches? Did you get meal vouchers when you were on-call?
- Meals not paid for. No call.
How were the weeks divided up? What are the teams or the options for the rotations?
Are you able to request what you want?
- Entire rotation is spent in an outpatient Neurology office.
Did you have lectures/didactic sessions at your rotation site? How often? How long? Do you feel like they were as well organized as the lectures at Jeff?
Did you give a presentation? Were you required to do so?
What were your hours (roughly)?
Did you get off on major holidays, or were you expected to be there (i.e. Labor Day, Thanksgiving & Friday after Thanksgiving)?
What was the call schedule? Were you able to pick your nights or trade with peers?
In the Hospital, did you feel a part of the ‘team’? Did residents/attendings appreciate you?
- Got off for major holidays.
How was the teaching by attendings?
- Greatly appreciated by attending. Really good opportunity to interact one on one with an attending!
HOW TO BE A ROCK STAR
CANDID COMMENTS FROM STUDENTS
- Very positive interaction with an attending, good learning opportunity.
- No exposure to inpatient Neurology.
Last revised: 01/12