First Aid for Third Year Clerkships at JMC
Dermatology Clerkship at Jefferson Hospital
How did you get there? What is the IDEAL way to get there (if different)? If you took public transportation how much did it cost?
If you lived away from campus, how was the housing?
Food: Was it paid for? Were there free lunches? Did you get meal vouchers when you were on-call?
- Please refer to the official clerkship guidelines.
Did you have lectures/didactic sessions at your rotation site? How often? How long? Do you feel like they were as well organized as the lectures at Jeff?
Did you give a presentation? Were you required to do so?
- There were lectures and didactic sessions (no responses on frequency or content) "Fairly frequent, pretty good."
- There was an option to do a presentation (to be considered for honors) and there was a required exam at the end of the rotation.
- "Presentation required to be considered for honors. Exam was short and based completely on powerpoints provided by Dr. Keller."
What were your hours (roughly)?
In the Hospital, did you feel a part of the ‘team’? Did residents/attendings appreciate you?
- ~75% of students worked 40 hours per week, ~ 25% worked less than 40 hours per week
- 50% of students said they were moderately involved during the rotation and 50% said they merely shadowed.
CANDID COMMENTS FROM STUDENTS
50% rated the rotation as good, 25% as very good and 25% as marginal
Last revised: 01/12