|University | Hospital | Pulse | JeffNet | RAP | JEFFLINE|
- History of Medicine Division, National Library of Medicine
- In addition to general information about the rich holdings and research services available at the NLM’s History of Medicine Division, this site also features "Online Images From the History of Medicine" (a searchable database of electronic image files from HMD collections), plus several online exhibits.
- The Alan Mason Chesney Medical Archives of The Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions
- "The purpose of this WWW site is to provide a virtual tour of the Alan Mason Chesney Medical Archives. It serves as an electronic point of entry to the repository and introduces the range of holdings and the opportunities for research. Included are several small finding aids to the collections; other guides are under construction and will soon appear."
- Johns Hopkins University -- Institute of the History of Medicine
- Provides information about collections in the William H. Welch Medical Library at JHU's Institute of the History of Medicine, as well as guides to useful reference works and curent electronic resources in the history of science, medicine, and technology.
- University of Virginia -- Claude Moore Health Sciences Library - Historical Collections
- Overview and highlights of the library's historical collections, featuring the Kerr White Health Care Collection On-line.
- University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston -- Moody Medical Library -- Blocker History of Medicine Collections
- Holdings information for the largest and the most significant collection in the history of the biomedical sciences in the southern United States. The Blocker Collections are especially strong in medical incunabula (books published before 1501), microscopes, pharmaceutical artifacts, and hospital postcards.
- History of the Health Sciences Links
- Contains links to sites including organizations in the history of the health sciences; library collections (organized by state); museums with health sciences interests; pages pertaining to prominent individuals in the health sciences; databases; as well as sections on bibliographies, chronologies, and histories; oaths, prayers, and declarations; and information on listservs, newsgroups, and journals.
The University Archives and Special Collections is a unit of
Academic & Instructional Support & Resources (AISR)
Thomas Jefferson University
1020 Walnut Street · Philadelphia, PA 19107
215-503-AISR / 215-503-2477
Ask an Archivist
Please send comments about this page to Michael Angelo (Michael.Angelo@jefferson.edu).
Copyright ©, Thomas Jefferson University
All rights reserved