TJU Student Research Resources
Why do research as a student?
Health care delivery is a dynamic scientific profession -- research
is used to constantly update and improve the way we treat patients.
Research is a scholarly or scientific investigation that is used to discover
the answer to a question and serves as the basis for the discovery of
information. While a student, involvement in research allows you to:
- Participate in the excitement of medical discovery
- Contribute to the advancement of the medical sciences
- Enhance your scientific background and area of interests
- Advance your future career opportunities
- Improve your qualifications as a health care provider and your attractiveness
to residency programs and other higher education programs
- Receive financial rewards
- Intramural Student Research Programs
- Thomas Jefferson University hosts a variety of established research
programs through each of its colleges:
In addition, Sigma Xi, a scientific research society, sponsors
an annual research day where undergraduate and graduate students
can present their research projects.
- Extramural Student Research Funding
- Research funding is available for many student research projects.
These funds may provide a stipend and/or may pay for research costs
such as supplies and travel.