Know Your Funders: Government Funded Research Databases
NIH RePORTER (Research Portfolio Online Reporting Tool - Expeditures & Results)
includes projects funded by the National Institutes of Health
(NIH), Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services (SAMHSA), Health Resources
and Services Administration (HRSA), Food and Drug Administration (FDA),
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDCP), Agency for Health
Care Research and Quality (AHRQ), and Office of Assistant Secretary
of Health (OASH). It is one of a suite of tools, reports, data, and analyses of NIH research activities assembled in RePORT (Research Portfolio Online Reporting Tools).View the Library's quick guide to RePORTER.
SAMPLE NIH RePORTER QUERY FORM
Important search options:
- Search by textword to identify research topics
- Search by principal investigator (PI)
- Search for Thomas Jefferson as the institution
- Search by grant number
- Combine 1 and 3 to find who's doing research on a particular
topic at TJU
Science Foundation Award Search
This NSF funded research database allows users to query the NSF database
by state, organization, NSF Program, and fiscal year. FastLane also
provides lists of recent awards by week.
Searchable by disease, treatment, and trial facility details.
To identify research at Jefferson, use: Trial Facility = Jefferson
and City= Philadelphia.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture's Current Research Information System
(CRIS) reports ongoing and recently completed research projects in agriculture,
food and nutrition, and forestry.
of Education Award Postings
The Grant Contract databases provides information on Department of Education
grant and cooperative agreement awards since 2001. Currently only 1%
of award records include abstracts.
To see all Jefferson research enter: Grantee Name=Jefferson
Use the Grantee Project Director field to search by principal
GOLD: Grants On-Line
Database for Funded Research (AHRQ)
The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality's GOLD is a database
of grants funded by AHRQ from 1999 to the present. Searchable by category,
type of grant, PI name, grant number and text word. Contains some information
not captured in CRISP.
Research Council Portfolio Search (UK)
A list of available research grants and personal awards being
funded by the MRC.
Science Accelerator (Dept of Energey)
Science Acceleartor searches mutliple databases that include summaries and resulting publications of ongoing
or recently completed science and technology projects funded by the
Department of Energy.
TAGGS (Tracking Accountability in Government Grants System) (DHHS Office of Grants)
The TAGGS database is a central repository for grants awarded by the twelve DHHS Operating Divisions (OPDIVs).
There are 3 search options:
- TAGGS Advanced Search: a refined search of over 500,000 awards enabling one search by a combination of title keyword, agency, type, year, state, PI name and many other criteria in various combinations. Results are downloadable to Microsoft Excel. No abstracts.
- TAGGS Abstract Search: searches over 85,000 award abstracts by keyword.
- TAGGS Advanced Abstract Search: enables search criteria such as keyword, agency, type, year, and state to be used in many combinations to search over 85,000 award abstracts.