Know Your Funders: Foundation-Funded Research
- Use the Foundation
Center's search options (ask at the Reference Desk for on-site access to the full database) to locate grantmakers and obtain background
information, or search the Internet
by foundation name.
- View foundation Web sites, which will often include annual reports,
press releases and lists of funded projects. If a foundation does
not have a Web site, contact the foundation for a print copy of its
- If the grantmaker lists funded projects, visit funding recipients'
Web sites for press releases, and annual reports.
- View the foundation's IRS 990PF filings (required for Independent
and Community Foundations). The files are available from many Foundation
Center records and from Grantsmart.
- Part III p.2 describes projects funded and their amounts
- Part V lists Board members
- Line 76 describes any significant changes to the Foundation's
mission or activities in the past year
Contact the Jefferson Foundation Department of Corporate and Foundation Relations staff who may already have a relationship with the foundation or provide support for a new relationship. They have access to additional resources such as LexisNexis to provide additional research.