Know Your Funders: Foundation-Funded Research
- Search FundRef to identify journal articles resulting from a particular funderís support. This is a new tool, launched in May, 2013. Coverage is not comprehensive, but is growing rapidly.
- Use the Foundation
Center's search options (ask at the Consultation Desk for on-site access to the full database) to locate grantmakers and obtain background information.
- Read foundation Web sites, which will often include annual reports, press releases and lists of funded projects.
- If the grantmaker lists funded projects, visit funding recipients'
Web sites for press releases, and annual reports.
- Search the Foundation Center's 990 Finder for the foundationís IRS 990PF filings (required for Independent and Community Foundations).
- Part III p.2 describes projects funded and their amounts
- Part VII lists officers, directors, trustees, key employees, and highest compensated employees
Contact the Jefferson Foundation Department of Corporate and Foundation Relations staff who may already have a relationship with the foundation or provide support for a new relationship. They have access to additional resources such as LexisNexis to provide additional research.