BraveNet: Practice-Based Research Network
One of the most important ways to validate integrative medicine clinical treatment modalities and approaches is to conduct effective research and provide a strong scientific evidence base. As described on the Bravewell website, a practice-based research network "will advance integrative medicine by:
- Providing data on use, effectiveness, safety, costs and patient satisfaction;
- Enhancing the scientific credibility of integrative medicine;
- Facilitating the dissemination of information that will influence the practice of mdicine and the creation of healthcare policy;
- Providing a way to improve care at each practice and clinic; and
- Providing a way to work collaboratively to develop new models of care."
For more information about BraveNet, the practice-based research network, and the other eight programs who are working with the Jefferson Myrna Brind Center of Integrative Medicine on this important research, visit the Bravewell Collaborative at www.bravewell.org.