Science & Math Site Sampler
Prepared at Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA
Sharon A. Lezotte, MHE, MLIS
Elizabeth R. Warner, MSLS, AHIP
- Cornell Theory Center Math and Science Gateway
- Access to hundreds of sites for math and the sciences, including "science museums and exhibits," "ethics in science," and "pseudoscience."
- Mathematics Archives WWW Server (U Tennessee--Knoxville)
- Award-winning meta-site.
- Welcome to MegaMath! (U Idaho)
- The Teacher's Page of Mathematics (U Toronto)
- Meta-site for math teachers
- Math Forum Home Page (Swarthmore)
- The Geometry Center Welcome Page ( U Minnesota)
- Calculus&Mathematica Home Page (U Illinois; Ohio State)
- The World-Wide Web Virtual Library: Mathematics
- The Biology Place: where the Web goes to work for your general biology course
- Fee for service!
- Access Excellence--A Place in Cyberspace for Biology Teaching & Learning (Genentech)
- National Science Teachers Association Home Page
- Teachers Page of Science Resources (U Alberta)
- CNN - Mars: Life Signs? - Aug. 6, 1996
- Chemistry Teaching Resources
- Meta-list from Umea University, Analytical Chemistry Dept., Sweden
- Whole Frog Project--3D visualization
- Virtual Earthquake (Cal State U)
- Introduces the fundamental concepts of seismology.
- Virtual FlyLab (Cal State U)
- Genetics inheritance experiment online.
- Hubble Space Telescope Electronic Information Service
- JASON Project
- ChemLinks Introduction
- Cooperative curriculum development project to improve undergraduate chemistry education.
- UC Museum of Paleontology Public Exhibits
Internet for Education: Background reading
- NetLearning: Why Teachers Use the Internet
- Connections+Lesson Plans
- Lesson plans, activities, curriculum resources--linked to standards and benchmarks.
- Global SchoolNet Foundation Home Page
- Welcome to AskERIC
If you've finished your work...
- Bamdad's Math Comics
- Ask Dr. Science