Research Buddy/Mentor Program
"Mentoring as a strategy to support
the acquisition of research concepts and skills
to improve the health of a community."
First Social Event - brings the designated pairs together.
Prior to Winter Break
Second Social Event - parents of mentee to be invited.
Third Social Event - celebrates the achievement of program goals.
Participants report and evaluate each element of the project.
Preparing for a community fair
- Students research community needs and select topics to research that they think will best serve the community.
- Students participating in the Research Buddy / Mentor Program serve as resources for their student colleagues.
- Students are trained and certified in measuring blood pressure.
- Students will be required to:
- design and produce a brochure or flyer on their selected topic
- write content handout
- create a display board
- design booth format
- effectively discuss their topic
- practice presentation with mentor / e-mail info for feedback
- actively engage fair attendees in conversation
- be an advocate for their information.