Off-Campus Access to Scott Library Resources
While much of the Scott Library website is freely accessible to anyone with an Internet
connection, some licensed resources and for-credit instructional materials
are restricted to TJU students, faculty and staff, and our member subscribers:
Online Courses, the DVD Server and the Jefferson Multimedia Database
- Online courses, the DVD server and the Jefferson Multimedia Database always require login with your Jefferson Campus Key
(find your Campus Key now), whether you are on campus or off campus.
- TIP: Using Scott Library's single sign-on feature can cut down on the number of times you have to enter your Campus Key (see the "Login to SML" link in the header at the top of the page).
Most E-Journals, E-Books and Databases
- Most e-journals, e-books and databases are available on campus without special login, but require off-campus
users to provide a valid Jefferson Campus Key to our PROXY SERVER.
- You don't need to register, load software, or do anything else to access the proxy server. It responds automatically when you click on links
on the site. The proxy server is known to
work with most versions of most available Web browsers. However, it does NOT work with Jefferson Hospital's Remote Access Portal (RAP). Remote Hospital users must log off of RAP and use the Scott Library site instead.
- Just enter your Jefferson Campus Key and password when asked.
- The proxy server will ask you to identify yourself only once during your work session, but if you close your browser and come back to work again later, you will be asked for your identification again.
- • If you try to visit a resource without following an SML link, you may not be recognized as a Jeffersonian. Use Scott Library's links for maximum access privileges.
Exceptions to the Rules (there are aways exceptions!)
Proxy service is available 24 hours a day, except when the Campus Key
servers are being updated by Jeff-IT.
If you have any questions about the status of materials or if you have
problems with access from off campus, please contact the Service Desk
at 215-503-6994 or ask a librarian.