PowerPoint Pearls: Copying Slides from Another PowerPoint Presentation
“That animation I did for the inflammatory response took a lot of time. Maybe I'll copy and paste it into this presentation.”
Great idea, but using copy and paste for slides and images in PowerPoint is not recommended. Instead, follow these instructions to recycle your slides.
- Select the slide that will precede your imported slides.
- Click on Insert, Slides from Files… The Slide Finder window will appear.
- Click on the Browse button to find the presentation that contains the slide you would like to copy. Select the presentation and then click OK. A thumbnail of the slides will appear in the Select Slides box.
- Select the desired slides by clicking on their thumbnail. View additional presentation slides by using the scrollbar. You may select more than one slide.
- Click the Insert button when you have finished making your selections. Notice that the Slide Finder window does not close automatically after you click the insert button.
- Click the Close button when you have finished to return to your original presentation.