The Photoshop Phanatic: Photoshop Basics
Part 5: Applying Text
In this installment of Photoshop Basics, we will explore adding simple text to your images. Open up your copy of Photoshop and follow along:
- Open the image you wish to apply text to.
- Click the Text tool (you can also select the Text tool by pressing the letter “t” on your keyboard).
- Use the Font drop-down to select the font.
- Use the Font Style drop-down to select the style you wish to use (e.g., Bold, Italics).
- Use the Font Size drop-down to select the font size you wish to use.
- Click on the Color Swatch to select your text color.
- Click on the image and begin typing.
- If necessary, use the Move tool (press the letter “V” to select the Move tool) to change the location of the text.
Experiment with this technique and see what you can do.