About the Library
Teaching & Learning
Scott Memorial Library
1020 Walnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107
Donate to the Library
JEFFLINE added Campus-Wide Information Services in 1993
Jefferson recognized the need for units to collaborate on academic information and curriculum support. In 1992, Academic Information Services and Research (AISR) was formed from the Library, Medical Media Services, and the Office of Academic Computing. This merger brought together instructional designers, computer programmers, media specialists and information specialists.
That year, AISR created Jefferson's first campus-wide information service. Departments and educational materials were the first to join what had previously been just library content. In 1994, JEFFLINE added email services for medical students and advisors. JEFFLINE was the main electronic presence for Thomas Jefferson University.
The campus was adapting rapidly to an increasingly electronic environment.